Forum home Problem solving

Help

My camelia had an aphid farm on it some time ago, courtesy of those pesky ants. I treated with soapy water and most of them vanished. My leaves are now starting to look like this and I noticed just a small cluster of the aphids left which I have treated now as well. Is it because of the damage they caused? I really hope itll bounce back. Any ideas? Thank you

• bcpathomebcpathome Buckinghamshire Posts: 518
    Don’t know if this is the right thing to do ,my camellias went a bit crispy and I just cut off the diseased bits and threw them on a bonfire .I’m suggesting that you do the same .Cut off the bits that are not pleasing to the eye ( don’t compost them if you think they’re deseased)  and feed what’s left with appropriate liquid feed . That’s what I’d do others may think differently.
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 1,983
    @SpecksYork Not sure but I think your Camellia may have been suffering from sooty mould. The ants are attracted to the sticky substance excreted by the aphids.