Forum home Plants

Plum tree planted in the wrong place

Jenny_AsterJenny_Aster In the Cambs FensPosts: 527
Last winter I planted a bare rooted plum tree that's on dwarf stock, a couple of feet away I also planted a dwarf buddleia, only the buddleia isn't so dwarf and it's throttling the life out of the plum tree.  I've been watering the plum tree to help it compete, but the buddleia is taking advantage of the water and is becoming even bigger!

Wondering if I should chance replanting it at the height of the summer, or wait just a few months when sadly the season changes? Decisions, decisions.....  :#  
Trying to be the person my dog thinks I am! 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,172
    I wouldn't move it. The buddleja is easy to propagate from cuttings and move the buddleja.  If you really really want to move the plum, do it after all the leaves have dropped.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,566
    I agree with @fidgetbones 100% 👍
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Jenny_AsterJenny_Aster In the Cambs FensPosts: 527
    Thank you @fidgetbones and @Dovefromabove, a sensible solution! Now why didn't I think of that  B) - please don't answer  ;)
    Trying to be the person my dog thinks I am!