Forum home Plants

Can anyone tell me what this flower is? Came out of a seedbomb and I just think they're so pretty! T

j.coates88j.coates88 Posts: 11

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 1,969
    Think the cream flower will need to open for a correct ID. Could be Helichrysum but would need to see the leaves.
  • AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 10,382
    The pink one looks like a type of poppy. It's certainly an in your face colour  :)
  • j.coates88j.coates88 Posts: 11
    Thanks both 😊

Took a few more pics today. 
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,156
    They look like ranunculus to me but they are usually planted as little bulbs that look like claws.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 1,969
    @fidgetbones Yes my first thought too not sure how they would be in a seed bomb?
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,798
    I thought they might be Godetia? 
    "To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin
    Yes, I thought the leaves looked similar to the ranunculus I planted earlier in the year, but I didn't notice any little claw like corms (corns?) sticking out of the seed bomb.  The leaves definitely look like that buttercup family to me. Mysterious! Could be godetia I guess, though from a quick google they're a bit less carnation-like than the pictures I found!
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,156
    Godetia leaves aren't like that.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3