Forum home Plants

Can anyone tell me what this flower is? Came out of a seedbomb and I just think they're so pretty! T

j.coates88j.coates88 Posts: 11

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze Posts: 5,607
    Think the cream flower will need to open for a correct ID. Could be Helichrysum but would need to see the leaves.
     Retired Gardener, new build garden, clay soil, South Notts.

The more I garden the less I know but the more pleasure I get from it. Monty Don 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,451
    The pink one looks like a type of poppy. It's certainly an in your face colour  :)
  • j.coates88j.coates88 Posts: 11
    Thanks both 😊

Took a few more pics today. 
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,570
    They look like ranunculus to me but they are usually planted as little bulbs that look like claws.

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze Posts: 5,607
    @fidgetbones Yes my first thought too not sure how they would be in a seed bomb?
     Retired Gardener, new build garden, clay soil, South Notts.

The more I garden the less I know but the more pleasure I get from it. Monty Don 
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Posts: 4,173
    I thought they might be Godetia? 
    • “Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?” —Betsy Cañas Garmon
    Yes, I thought the leaves looked similar to the ranunculus I planted earlier in the year, but I didn't notice any little claw like corms (corns?) sticking out of the seed bomb.  The leaves definitely look like that buttercup family to me. Mysterious! Could be godetia I guess, though from a quick google they're a bit less carnation-like than the pictures I found!
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,570
    Godetia leaves aren't like that.