Forum home Problem solving

Drooping rose buds

I planted two David Austin 'Graham Thomas' rose bushes in Feb this year. Both have grown beautifully and produced plenty of buds. Unfortunately, the buds and flowers on one bush droop. The second bush is flourishing. The bushes are quite closely planted. The leaves look healthy and they are well watered here in NE Scotland. The soil is light but good. 
Ive no idea what the problem is or how to resolve it. Any suggestions would be welcome. 

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 2,025
    I think it is a lack of water they are very thirsty plants.
  • annkelmanannkelman Posts: 3
    I think it is a lack of water they are very thirsty plants.
    Wish it was GardenerSuze but we’ve had rain here every day for weeks. The Rose is in a large perennial border and no other plants appears thirsty nor its companion rose. 
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 2,025
    edited 5 July
    @annkelman I am sure that one of the rose experts on this forum will be able to help. My own experience only goes as far as under or over watering. Perhaps you will send some rain to me, my garden would very much appreciate it!
    Just to add if you type in Droopy Roses at the top there is another thread which might help. Also David Austin is great at answering any problems I have contacted them recently and they were very helpful
  • annkelmanannkelman Posts: 3
    @annkelman I am sure that one of the rose experts on this forum will be able to help. My own experience only goes as far as under or over watering. Perhaps you will send some rain to me, my garden would very much appreciate it!
    Just to add if you type in Droopy Roses at the top there is another thread which might help. Also David Austin is great at answering any problems I have contacted them recently and they were very helpful
    Thanks for that. I’ll maybe contact David Austin. You’re more than welcome to the rain. We’ve had more than our fair share so I’ll hae a wee word wi the Rain Gods. 😉