Forum home Problem solving

Something Is Destroying My Angel Wings

I bought 2 Angel wings from my local garden centre about 2 weeks ago to add some ground cover to my garden. I put slug pellets around (as you can see from the photo), and used a pest spray as I noticed there was a large hole in the centre of one of the leaves one morning. 
I went on holiday for a little over a week and came back to find this extreme damage. I’m quite worried that if I leave them I’ll having nothing left by the end of the week. 

Could it be slugs and snails that are causing this? Or something else?

Should I perhaps dig them up and pot them to try and save them before planting out again? 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,153
    I think they are better suited to pots. They do seem to be martyrs to molluscs.   You could try a slug pub, a small pot with beer in sunk in the soil nearby.  The Gu  glass dishes are good for this . They slime in and never come out.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Robsy128Robsy128 Posts: 8
    Thanks, @fidgetbones! I'll certainly give the beer traps a go!
  • PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 3,422
    I think if slugs really like them they will go for the plant before the beer. I would be very tempted to pot up at least one and give it some tlc.
  • Robsy128Robsy128 Posts: 8
    Posy said:
    I think if slugs really like them they will go for the plant before the beer. I would be very tempted to pot up at least one and give it some tlc.
    I'll definitely do that as well; thanks :)