Forum home Problem solving

Angel's wings

I have an angel's wings plant which has started to get green patches on its leaves. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can solve it?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,159
    Do you have a photo?
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Vix60Vix60 Posts: 7
    Here
    Something like a slug or snail is grazing off all the fur  (tomentosum) off the leaves exposing the main part of the leaf. Try putting a yoghurt pot or similar, full of beer or lager next to it and see if they drown themselves in it instead.  Otherwise you could go out in the dark with a torch and pick them off.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
    Thank you so much - that makes sense as a couple of leaves also got nibbled - should I take off the affected leaves or will they "re grow" their furry coat?
    Unlikely to regrow the furry bit, but the complete leaf helps the plant to grow.  I would take them off when the baby leaves in the middle have grown bigger.
    Thanks once again - so glad I found this forum, everyone is so helpful 🤗