Forum home Problem solving

What tree is this? :-)

domyoung85domyoung85 West Sussex Posts: 1
Hi everyone,

Please may you possible tell me what the attached trees are in my garden? I have 2 of them and they look like they are really struggling this year. 1st pic is from July last year and 2nd pic is last week. I have put blood fish and bone down and fresh compost. Not sure if I can bring them back?

Any help will be very much appreciated:)

Thank you

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,071
    I don't know what they are, but the likely problem is that they're not getting anything like enough water.
    They're very close to the fence and the grass around them will be soaking up the water that your tree needs.
    Best to clear an area 1m around the base of the tree and keep it free of grass and weeds and give them lots of water.
    A close up of the leaves would help us identify for you
    Welcome to the forum :)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Loraine3Loraine3 Posts: 541
    Look like Pittosporum
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,324
    Six gallons of water* per tree three times a week from now until mid September. 

Start again in early March … 

*6 gallons = two builder’s buckets. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,677
    Most likely a Privet, Ligustrum. Ligustrum Japonicum is more popular. I agree with others, most likely a water issue, and the base needs all grass cleared a minimum of 1 meter across.