Forum home Plants

Heuchera ID please

caroallcaroall Posts: 15
I have this lovely heuchera (can't seem to attach it so it can be seen the right way up) in my garden but do not know it's name.  Can anyone help?  I want to take cuttings it but am not sure how or when would be the best time.  I have had a look round it and there are no plantlets I can repot.  Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

• AthelasAthelas Posts: 561
    edited 13 May
    Looks lovely. Pink Fizz? https://www.gardencrossings.com/product/heucherella-pink-fizz-coral-bells/

Some tips on dividing heuchera here: https://www.pyracantha.co.uk/how-to-propagate-heuchera/ and here: https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/plants/heuchera.php; now would be a good time.

If you crop or otherwise edit the photo slightly, it will upload the right way up. It’s a glitch in the forum that happens with photos taken in portrait (as opposed to landscape) mode, but unlikely to be addressed anytime soon.
  • caroallcaroall Posts: 15
    Many thanks Athelas - it is indeed a lovely plant and has done really well.  I will look at the tips with a view to dividing over the next few days.  I presume I can just put it in it's new location.

Thanks for your tips regarding the photo issue. 
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze South NottsPosts: 1,146
    I would take cuttings in late August. You could also split it in  early Autumn. Each single piece will root whilst there is still some warmth. They like a retentive soil so should take better when they are not dealing with a warm summer.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 11,241
    Heuchera are so obliging, I think you can take cuttings anytime from Spring to Autumn.
    He calls her the chocolate girl
    Cause he thinks she melts when he touches her
    She knows she's the chocolate girl
    Cause she's broken up and swallowed
    And wrapped in bits of silver
  • RoddersUKRoddersUK Swanwick - SouthamptonPosts: 341
    I'm going 'Tapestry'
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze South NottsPosts: 1,146
    I don't think you are likely to find seedlings. It does look like most of the stems have flowers you want non flowering stems for cuttings. Dead head regularly for more flowers.
  • caroallcaroall Posts: 15
    Many thanks GardenerSuze.  I'll take some cuttings in August and see what happens -  Never tried heuchera cuttings before!  Depending how they progress may split the plant next year
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,148
    You can literally just pull bits off them and pot them up @caroall . They are among the easiest plants to propagate   :)
    As long as there's a bit of root there, they'll take. They often take when there's just a bit of the tuberous root, even if there are no 'normal' looking finer roots.
    If you see any seedlings, you can pot those too. I have several heucheras which were created that way, from seedlings in the steps at work. Not all will spread readily that way though, and they won't always be the same as the parent, like many plants. 

Your main plant will divide and make 2 or 3 new plants  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....