Forum home Problem solving

Citrus tree leafs going brown. UK

edited 10 May in Problem solving

https://imgur.com/a/cqyubCT

Hey all!

Does anyone know what could be the cause of the leafs going brown and curling slightly?

They are in a well ventilated, glass greenhouse!

Thanks!

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 8,486
    Is there any chance that there's been water on the leaves and an overnight frost that has caused the water on the leaves to freeze and kill the cells underneath?
    It could also be caused by a touch of sunburn if that's a possibility.
    It looks as if the cells in the damaged parts of the leaves have died for some reason.
    I don't grow any citrus, but leaf curl in other plants can be due to a cold spell or draught.
    Either way I don't think it's serious problem as your plant otherwise looks very healthy.

In the 4th photo I can't be sure, but it looks like there are masses of tiny brown specs on the surface of some leaves which can be a sign of spider mite (or my poor eyesight :)).
    It's probably too early in the season for them, but worth checking the underside of those leaves with a magnifying glass (the mites aren't visible without magnification). The mites are almost transparent but have 2 black spots on their body that you should be able to see.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,964
    Although they are evergreen,  they will loose and replace leaves constantly .  As long as they are well hydrated, and you check for pests (scale insects  are another problem) as described I don't think it's much to worry about. 
    AB Still learning