Forum home Plants

Plant or weed?

We’ve recently moved house and are now trying to work out what the plants and shrubs are in our garden. We have this green vine like thing (technical term!) and I have absolutely no idea what it is. It looks pretty invasive and I can see new shoots popping up in various places. Can anyone tell me what it is? Thanks!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,298
    Hedge bindweed 😡 
    i would paint that with Round Up … others may disagree but it’s how I dealt with a garden full of the stuff when it reached to the upstairs windowsills. 🙄  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 3,137
    Roots have been found at the bottom of Quarries. I absolutely adore the flowers but not for a cultivated garden. I aree with @Dovefromabove this is one weed I would treat. It takes up the weedkiller best when the flowers start to open.
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker,for it involves hours of walking round in circles,apparently doing nothing. Helen Dillon.
  • Thanks all! Have ripped out as much as I can find today. Once it grows back and flowers I’ll treat it as you suggest 😁. Definitely don’t need bindweed strangling my other plants 😱😱