Forum home Garden design

The feature you'd most like to hide?

Penny_ForthemPenny_Forthem North WalesPosts: 298
Ummmm, I can think of a few.
But this one has been a feature for 2 years.
Apart from the bird poo on the window!
I've asked if I can grow trailing plants in it.
No!

It might be useful.

• UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 3,044
    Is it a cement or a compost mixer Penny_Forthem?
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,143
    At least your cement mixer is a subtle yellow colour, ours is bright red.
    I would like to hide all our compost bins and all the paraphernalia that goes with it.
    The piles of grass waiting to go in,  the piles of hard prunings, large cardboard boxes waiting for a soaking. 
    We had a thread on here a while back about our untidy/shabby areas,  I think we decided @WonkyWomble was the winner 😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,077
    Plant some nasturtiums in it.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,147
    Maybe you need to train the birds to sh*t just at the right spot to hide it @Penny_Forthem :D
    Any 'wee chancers' in the area that could be persuaded to 'borrow' it....

Could you have some containers at that end of the deck? A mix of evergreens and annuals etc. so that it's well disguised. A decent Phormium and various other flowering, seasonal plants would work.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 1,139
    Undoubtedly this for me, too random a place to put pots on, and need fairly regular access so I just pretend I can’t see it! 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,143
    Maybe  a statue to hide the cover that you could easily lift off. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 1,139
    Lyn said:
    Maybe  a statue to hide the cover that you could easily lift off. 
    Can’t really see where it is in relation into the lawn from the picture but a statue would look very odd there (I had a pot on it but it always looked like I’d left the pot there to move later 
  • KT53KT53 GloucestershirePosts: 7,554
    Our neighbour's new trampoline.  It's bright orange, 10 feet across and right beside our fence.  I could add our neighbour's son who is, by admission of his father and grandfather, a little swine most of the time.  Does his nut if he doesn't get his own way, and has hissy fits whenever his aunt comes over with her son who is a couple of years younger.
  • FireFire North LondonPosts: 17,116
    I still don’t like the black paint of my main arch. 
  • zugeniezugenie Posts: 626
    @KT53 they always end up next to a fence don’t they! I was very pleased when the neighbours behind got a trampoline and put it by the fence on the neighbour next to me’s side!