Forum home Plants

Found in Cumbria whst is it?

since you all identified my last post please help out my daughter!! 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,227
    I was going to say it is the tory candidate, but it’s an allium.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 11,008
    Nectaroscordum ?
  • RedwingRedwing SussexPosts: 1,309
    Agree, an allium.
    Based in Sussex, I garden to encourage as many birds to my garden as possible.
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 3,106
    Yes allium. They all grow to different heights. One of the most popular garden varieties is A Purple Sensation.  
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker,for it involves hours of walking round in circles,apparently doing nothing. Helen Dillon.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Derbyshire but with a Nottinghamshire postcode. Posts: 16,470
    edited May 2022
    Nectaroscordum has a longer thinner bud.  Its likely to be a purple pom pom type , or even possibly one of the white ones like mount everest. Give it another couple of weeks and a more definite id can be given.
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 3,106
    The stem is fairly dark so possibly a purple?
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker,for it involves hours of walking round in circles,apparently doing nothing. Helen Dillon.