Forum home The potting shed

🌱 🪴 🌷 RESURRECTED 116 🌷 🪴 🌱

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,275
    Good morning Ruby and all to follow. Hazel I was so sorry to hear about the arbour problem. I hope that you are thinking of taking it back to wherever you got it from as I'm sure that the screws shouldn't have buckled like that at all. Gosh that must be so annoying and disappointing for you both.
    Ruby, that sounds quite positive for your OH. Fingers crossed that the new stockings help. Its very clever what they can do today.
    T'Bird, join the club!
    Saturday June 24 2017long day Mike up at 2AM to carry Jasons family  to airport to catch plane to Belize I did a mar  Snoopy love Snoopy  Snoopy pictures

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,455
    Morning everyone 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️
    We have sunshine this morning, the sun rays are streaming through the oak tree. Looks beautiful 🌞🌞 On the other hand it's also shining on the conservatory windows 😱🤦‍♀️😉😂 oops must clean those 🤭 
    The rain last night certainly did the garden good, poured for a couple of hours and the garden looks better for it this morning.
    Love the snoopy pic @Ladybird4
    Hope they can help your OH @Rubee and help ease the pain. 

I'm meeting a friend this morning, she phoned last night and said she was going to a GC and would I like to go.....erm yes please! 🪴🪴 
    Have a good day everyone 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 23,168
    Morning all.

We had a small amount of rain yesterday, hasn't made much difference to the water butts  :'( Sunny now. 

Off to Waitrose, OH feels like a change, not our usual as it's further.
    Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • BigladBiglad Posts: 3,153
    Morning all,

Another visit from Marti overnight and the garden was looking a lot better for it as I put the bin out this morning.

We seem to get new weeds on the front lawn every year :o Strangely, some of them don't seem to spread or reappear the following year. It's like a rota ;) 

More skimmia damage. We do have wood pigeons knocking around so I'm keeping my beady eye on those potential culprits!
    East Lancs
    Afternoon everyone, It's quiet on here today. You must all be playing in the garden. 
    I had a lovely time at the GC  got a few plants for hanging baskets.....fushias, Bocopas, Nepetas and some Verbena pink star.  And for some reason a Rhododendron jumped on the trolley too.🤭
    @Songbird-1 glad you've found a new arch. Did you take the other one back.
    @Biglad hope the pigeons behave themselves!!!!🤬
    @Busy-Lizzie glad you had a lovely evening. Hope you find something yummy in Waitrose.
    It's called Dreamland and I love it 😍
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 23,168
    That is beautiful @star gaze lily, sounds like a good trip to the GC. There were lots of yummy things in Waitrose. We are having lemon sole with herb butter this evening followed by raspberries with clotted cream. We stopped at a pub on the way home for a beer.

@Songbird-1, I hope you are pleased with the new metal arch. I have a push in the ground one but I banged in a metal fence post on each side and attached them to the arch to make it really solid in strong winds. What will you do with the wooden arch?
    Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,275
    Good afternoon all. Had a really busy time at the Food Bank this morning. We never stopped. Sadly it is becoming more and more apparent that our stocks are very low and limited. A sign of the times I think as the wonderful people who make food donations are now struggling to donate items because of the exponential rising prices.
    Biglad they have nipped off some of my lilac heads and I keep finding them on the driveway. Pests! I am cheered up by the twitterings of the house martins overhead though. Lots of them around now.
    SGL, that is a beautiful rhodie. It reminds me a little of my rhodie Percy Wiseman which is just about to burst forth in my front garden. You have a lovely collection of hanging basket plants too.
    Hazel, the council here have been mowing - two cuts so far this season. I think dandelions look pretty. PITA but still pretty. I hope you are going to return the wooden arch/arbour and that you have much more success with the metal variant.
    Glad to hear you had a good shop in WR Busy. Your evening meal sounds delicious again.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    Thank you everyone, it is very pretty. 
    @Songbird-1 I don't like purple rhodidendrons. This one doesn't get too big, so fits perfectly near the oak tree. Good idea using the wooden arch for trellis and other ideas😉  
    @Busy-Lizzie your evening meal sounds delicious, especially the raspberries and clotted cream 😋😋
    @Ladybird4 glad you enjoyed food bank duties, shame about the shortage of donations. You'll be right about people donating less often with the price of food etc going up. 
    I agree Hazel, some things have gone up by a ridiculous amount. 🤷‍♀️
    Still sunny here and the garden is looking lovely after last nights rainfall. 

@Chivetalking if you're looking in hope all is ok, not seen you for a few days. 
  • Lily what a lovely picture, glad you enjoyed your trip out.  Busy enjoy the lemon sole.  Hazel hope you’ll find the metal arch much better.  LB I can’t believe it but l slept for ages.  Hope you and Lily are rested.  Sorry to hear stocks are becoming limited.  They used to have two trollies in store for the food bank but no longer there for customer deposits.  Just having a cup of tea.  Hope Topbird and oh are enjoying their travels.