Forum home Plants

What shrub is this?

mchuamchua Posts: 179
Hi, so yet another one has come into flower.  Out of interest I’m not fond of the smell these flowers have, but interested to know what the shrub is, so I can look up on how to care for it.

Thank you  :)

• mchuamchua Posts: 179
    Forgot add pictures. 

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 3,119
    Azalea Luteum ?
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker,for it involves hours of walking round in circles,apparently doing nothing. Helen Dillon.
  • UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 3,044
    Seconded GardenerSuze. 
    It looks like it! Tysm. 🙂
  • Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 4,148
    edited May 2022
    Technically Rhododendron luteum.... the yellow azalea or honeysuckle azalea.
    I love the scent.

All Azaleas are technically Rhododendrons.
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
    Haha I just realised too after researching it.  Interesting.  Funny because I’ve always wanted a rhododendron! I was always thinking of the typical pink ones.

Hopefully one day I will plant one for the front border. I’ll have to amend the chosen spot with ericaceous compost though.
  • UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 3,044
    I noticed in the garden that I visited today that it was labeled correctly Rh luteum. Strange isn't it that sometimes we still refer to plants etc with names that aren't strictly correct. Geraniums and pelargoniums spring to mind.