Forum home Problem solving

Fuchsia problem solving

I have a fuchsia growing in a container since last year. This spring I started to see some new growth on the stems and was overjoyed that it was coming back. Went away for 10 days and now the new green growth has gone away and plant looks like what it was this winter. Has it died? Or the cold weather over last few days in London is impacting it?

• B3B3 Posts: 21,535
    Scrape a bit of bark off with your thumbnail. If it's green underneath, it's alive. Try more than one stem to be sure.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Balgay.HillBalgay.Hill Posts: 640
    I have a fuchsia growing in a container since last year. This spring I started to see some new growth on the stems and was overjoyed that it was coming back. Went away for 10 days and now the new green growth has gone away and plant looks like what it was this winter. Has it died? Or the cold weather over last few days in London is impacting it?
    Do you think you could survive 10 days without water?  :)
    Sunny Dundee
  • Any suggestions on how to revive? The stem inside is still green
  • B3B3 Posts: 21,535
    Submerge the pot in a bucket of water until the bubbles stop. Allow pot to drain and leave it in a sheltered place out of the sun.
    If the container is to big for this, give the compost a good soak and make sure the water hasn't run away down the sides and has reached the compost near the roots.
    In London. Keen but lazy.