Forum home Plants

Is this a weed?

Spring has sprung, as have the plants and weeds. Is this a weed? I don't remember planting something between sedum and aqualiga, but I may have forgotten!  I found a similar plant appearing in my mint, which suggests a weed.
Thank you  

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 3,028
    @NewGardenerCornwall May have this completely wrong but if you type in Plant or Weed? at the top of page is this the same?
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker,for it involves hours of walking round in circles,apparently doing nothing. Helen Dillon.
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze I garden in South Notts on an improved clay soil Posts: 3,028
    Sorry it was posted [email protected]
    The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker,for it involves hours of walking round in circles,apparently doing nothing. Helen Dillon.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,701
    Valerianella locusta You may consider it a weed.
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,089
    I think you’ll find the answer in this thread … it’s a type of Lambs lettuce aka maché … an edible plant if picked before flowering. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 4,136
    Bizarre...
    Never seen Valerianella locusta before and now 2 almost identical threads. Were it  appears to be real thug.
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • Thank you all. Looking up Valerianella locusta online I think you are all right.
  • Funnily enough guess what I've got this year?
    Southampton 
    I have never seen this before does anyone have an RHS membership who would be willing to contact them is it a new super weed?
  • BlueBirderBlueBirder Posts: 176
    @GardenerSuze It's listed on their website as a horticultural plant https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/67250/valerianella-locusta/details 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,089
    edited April 2022
    I've certainly seen it spoken of as a cut and come again winter salad crop.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh