Forum home Problem solving

Honeysuckle issue

Anna_gasiejewskaAnna_gasiejewska Leicester Posts: 10
Hi, what’s going on with my honeysuckle 🥺
Any advice please 🙏🏻

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,499
    Does it need watering? One of my honeysuckles tends to go mouldy if it hasn't rained for a bit and I haven't watered it.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,873
    Looks like mildew because it's too dry at the roots.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    Can we see the base of the honeysuckle, where it's planted please?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Anna_gasiejewskaAnna_gasiejewska Leicester Posts: 10

Powdery mildew is often the result of a plant being stressed because it’s dry at the roots. This can be because it’s planted in a container or raised bed, or sometimes because it’s in a ‘rain shadow’ because it’s planted close to a fence or wall which is preventing much rain from falling on it. 

I suggest giving it a bucket full of water poured gently at the roots three times a week from now until September. 

Next year start the same watering regime at the beginning of March. 

Powdery mildew won’t kill your plant, and hopefully the new watering regime will resolve the problem. Honeysuckles are plants of damp woodlands and hedgerows; they are very thirsty plants and react badly to dry spells. It’s almost impossible to over-water them. 

Hope that helps 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Hope that helps 😊 
    Of course!!! Thank you 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

😊