Forum home Problem solving

Unhappy Choysia White Dazzler

I have a very unhappy looking White Dazzler.  It has been planted in this spot for 3 years now and was established when planted. Was very happy until last year. I'm not sure what to do with it.
The one on the opposite side of the gates still very happy. Is it the honeysuckles stealing all it's water? Any help or advice greatly received. 
I am a novice gardener so please be kind!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,483
    My daughter @WonkyWomble is cooking at the moment but told me to tell you that she moved hers around the garden three times until it was happy. It’s in a sunny but sheltered spot now with no competition from other shrubs … she also said that hers needs watering quite often. 
    She said keep trying with yours .., in her opinion it’s the best of all the choisyas and the perfume is amazing … she said she can smell it indoors when the window is open. This is it today 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze South NottsPosts: 1,223
    @11tammyp11 Hi and welcome. It could have suffered from the recent cold temperatures. Which way does this border face please.
  • 11tammyp1111tammyp11 Posts: 7
    Thanks @Dovefromabove and @WonkyWomble. Mine have never flowered like that! 
    I have 3 and 2 of them are unhappy where they are. Maybe it's the other shrubs around them them 
    Hi @GardenerSuze the bed is NW facing. It gets late afternoon and evening sun. 
  • GardenerSuzeGardenerSuze South NottsPosts: 1,223
    @11tammyp11 I would agree they do need a warm spot. That would explain why you have one that is doing well on the other side maybe ? I still think it could have suffered with the cold I would give it a chance. I would say enjoy your garden, you will have some concerns with your plants but also some triumphs too!
    So just water plenty and hope for the best?
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 4,024
    When mine was originally planted it was in partial shade and didn't preform well. Only flowered a little,  didn't grow in size. Now it's in a sunny spot it's got a lot bigger each year and flowers its socks off more than once a year.  It doesn't have anything big planted nearby and gets a good drink if we are in a dry spell.  Best of luck it really is worth sticking with!!