Forum home Plants

Brookside Nurserys *****

harmonyharmony Posts: 325
Hi, just taken delivery of my Sanvitalia  plug plants and they look very healthy with a good root system. I've just given them a drink and put them on the windowsill and I will repot them tomorrow and pop them in my small plastic greenhouse until May. They were only dispatched yesterday so I am very impressed. Thankyou to those who recommend  Brookside Nurserys...ò

• UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 1,701
    I can see why you are pleased with those harmony, I would be too. Lovely plants.
  • Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 1,120
    I hope mine look as good when they arrive. Lovely plants. 
    Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• harmonyharmony Posts: 325
    Yes they are perfect, I can't wait to get them in my wheelbarrow for the summer. I'm sowing calendula seeds as well and some are just poking through the pots. I'm so excited lol...
  • JessicaSJessicaS East Midlands, UKPosts: 545
    Ive got another order in too, great quality.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,670
    I use brookside all the time and I'm never disappointed.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • I love them, too. I always order pansies from them in miniplug form. They are really economical to grow on from there. And now I am awaiting astilbes, trailing geraniums, fuchsias and verbena sparkle purple blues from them, too.

I love both Brookside and Ballyrobert. Is the letter B some sort of indicator of quality?

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,092
    They look very healthy. Sanvitalia are not hardy though, so make sure that the mini greenhouse provides enough protection for them, in your location. Here it's too soon to put non-hardy plants in one, or even in an unheated proper greenhouse. It might be warmer where you are though.
  • harmonyharmony Posts: 325
    Well I'm near Barnsley so not far from you
    I think I'll keep them in the house after I've repotted them for now, I know its going to get colder for a while and their only babies lol.
    I have 5 geraniums ( the bedding type ) that I have got through 3 winters with my little greenhouse which I'm pleased about..
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,092
    Good idea. The forecast is chilly here for the next several nights at least. If you have the time you could put them outside in the daytime and bring them in at nights for a while, after they've settled in from the repotting, then leave them out but be prepared to cover them at nights (horticultural fleece, old net curtains, sheets of newspaper etc would do), and by that time it should (fingers crossed) be mild enough to leave them out. But we can get some frost to the end of May so keep an eye on the forecast.
    Well done with the bedding geraniums! I've never managed more than two years out of them and I don't bother trying any more. If I want them I treat them as annuals now.