Forum home Problem solving

to hide a concrete post

what plant can i use to hide an unwanted concrete post in border. Can't remove the post its too deep and concreted in many years ago.Suggestions please 

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 4,453
    Is it stood in the middle, or at the back? Shady or sunny? You can train certain climbers to posts - Wisteria, climbing hydrangea, pillar roses of course.
  • KeenOnGreenKeenOnGreen Posts: 1,630
    Attach a wooden trellis to it, possibly paint both in the same colour. Add a climber to suit the conditions, and that might work. If you want something less intrusive than a trellis, some wire or string wrapped around the post would act as a support for a climber. Unless you want to see the post in Winter, I'd go for an evergreen climber.

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,120
    I've got a climbing iceberg rose on my dilapidated concrete washing line post, with a clematis macropetala growing through that. It doesn't hide it completely, particularly this time of the year when the rose has been pruned and isn't as tall as the post, but I think it looks better than the bare post.

• B3B3 Posts: 21,500
    I'd paint it black first.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,325
    What size is it?
    A pic would help, because it also depends what else is there, as @Loxley says  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....