Forum home The potting shed

Off to a Garden Show…….sooooo happy

I’m off to a garden show today…. Can’t wait 😛. 
My first ever in France.
Marne la vallée, basically just outside Paris 🇫🇷, but definitely Scottish at heart.

• Papi JoPapi Jo Posts: 3,992
    Lucky you! I don't know about that particular Plant Fair, but I've just browsed the list of exhibitors and I heartily recommend visiting the stand of CLEMATITES VAN NUFFELEN
    Belgique - www.clematis.be. They are 2 Belgian brothers, totally dedicated to Clematis, very knowledgeable and friendly.
    Bought my lovely Clematis 'Samaritan Jo' from them at a Plant Fair in Rennes 5 years ago.

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • floraliesfloralies Posts: 2,505
    I'm very jealous! No plant fairs down here, it's rather a wilderness for that sort of thing.
  • It was amazing. I did have a look at the clematis, and some beautiful roses…. Resisted buying anything to big but did come home with some lovely plants at very reasonable prices. Lots of garden deco too I bought some really nice slate plant labels and resisted more ceramic birds but have to admit I picked up a few websites for “future ideas”. Well worth the entry fee as the entire village was privatiser and entry to the medieval chateau was included.
    Marne la vallée, basically just outside Paris 🇫🇷, but definitely Scottish at heart.
  • The majority of stands were in the streets around the castle, but this is a nice way to see the atmosphere