Forum home The potting shed

Off to a Garden Show…….sooooo happy

JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 727
I’m off to a garden show today…. Can’t wait 😛. 
My first ever in France.

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,461
    Lucky you! I don't know about that particular Plant Fair, but I've just browsed the list of exhibitors and I heartily recommend visiting the stand of CLEMATITES VAN NUFFELEN
    Belgique - www.clematis.be. They are 2 Belgian brothers, totally dedicated to Clematis, very knowledgeable and friendly.
    Bought my lovely Clematis 'Samaritan Jo' from them at a Plant Fair in Rennes 5 years ago.

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 1,810
    I'm very jealous! No plant fairs down here, it's rather a wilderness for that sort of thing.
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 727
    It was amazing. I did have a look at the clematis, and some beautiful roses…. Resisted buying anything to big but did come home with some lovely plants at very reasonable prices. Lots of garden deco too I bought some really nice slate plant labels and resisted more ceramic birds but have to admit I picked up a few websites for “future ideas”. Well worth the entry fee as the entire village was privatiser and entry to the medieval chateau was included.
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 727
    The majority of stands were in the streets around the castle, but this is a nice way to see the atmosphere