Forum home Fruit & veg

HOW MANY FRUIT TREES DO YOU HAVE?

pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,545
Orchards are disappearing, 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-60834796

so we must all do our best to maintain our own.

How many fruit trees do you have?
Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,545
    edited 24 March
    I now have ten apple trees. I lost six to canker a few years ago. Two pear trees (one is a family tree). Four plum trees. One damson. One quince.

(One mulberry that’s never flowered.)

( One walnut, ditto.)
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,405
    Three . Apple dual variety on one root, plum victoria, and pear concord.
  • FireFire North LondonPosts: 15,579
    Two crab apple, one espalier dessert apple, garden over hung by a cherry.
  • EustaceEustace OxfordPosts: 1,116
    edited 24 March
    In my small urban back garden, I have planted apple, plum, cherry, pear, apricot, peach, green gage and fig trees. Also grape and kiwi vines. I also try to grow soft fruit - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and loganberries. Blueberries are in pots though. My latest addition this year is goji berry. Below is the green gage in full flower.

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 19,170
    I'm not sure yet as the frost killed off the blossom last year, my first year here, so I didn't get any fruit.

I think there are 2 figs, at least 3 cherries, 4 apples, 2 pears and 3 peaches.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 8,020
    Two apple trees here but one is on the way out due to canker. I've been restoring the dwindling orchard at my parent's house though and I've got a good mix of trees there now.
    There used to be an orchard at every house where my parent's live but there's less and less trees up there now. Last time I went I saw that one of the neglected orchards had been completely grubbed out and razed to bare soil. The place was a mess but full of wildlife. :/
    A great library has something in it to offend everybody.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 3,738
    2 crab apples, 3 eating apples, 2 pears, 1 plum, 2 damsons, 1 cherry.

One apple tree I particularly like is Annie Elizabeth as it is a cutting from the original which grows in a friend’s garden in suburban Leicester.
  • FireFire North LondonPosts: 15,579
    Of the "fruiting" trees I have, my elder is probably the most used by wildlife.
  • februarysgirlfebruarysgirl LeicesterPosts: 570
    I have Czar Plum, Victoria Plum and Old Green Gage. I'm also in the process of planting 3 Purple Opal blackberries.

@Eustace I'm jealous of your green gage, mine isn't that far along yet and I have bees looking for pollen!

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,307
    None😕
    In London. Keen but lazy.