Forum home Problem solving

What is wrong with my pear tree?

I have I have a fan trained pear tree that is about four years old. We discovered last year that it had been growing in a very restricted space due to huge amounts of rubble under the garden - now removed. It has never flowered and always struggles a bit. This year the leaves look almost yellow and very soft with downy hair on. I’ve sprayed with plant invigorate and fed with blood fish and bone. Not sure what the problem is. It is an ‘invincible pear’ 😆 maybe the leaves are supposed to be like this but I’m sure something is wrong.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,491
    edited 21 March
    Hello @barlow_rachel97eCeUpo and welcome to the forum :)

Whereabouts are you (roughly)?  My pear is in a sheltered spot in our garden in Norfolk and hasn't flowered yet, yet alone got any leaves ........ yours seems incredibly early into leaf.
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• hi @Dovefromabove thanks for the welcome. We are in Devon in the South West. Nothing else has leaves yet but my plum trees have just started to blossom.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,491
    Oh! do give my love to Devon ... I love Devon and Cornwall, and given other circumstances we'd be down there with you .... I fell in love with the southwest when I went pony-trekking on Dartmoor when I was 12 and I've been in love with it ever since 💘

@Hostafan1, @Lyn and @philippasmith2 are among the folk on this forum who garden in Devon ... perhaps they can look in here and suggest what may be happening with your pear tree.   :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• muckyhandsmikemuckyhandsmike GlosPosts: 98
    O/t I’ve just had a lovely couple of hours on the beach at Kynance cove dove .. no sign of Ross or Demelza though 😉