Forum home Plants

ROSES: Spring/Summer 2022 🌹

Mr. Vine EyeMr. Vine Eye Posts: 2,052
Welcome one and all! 

Today is the Spring Equinox and with the promise of longer and warmer days ahead, it’s time to start the Spring and Summer Rose thread. 

We’re fortunate to have on this forum an active and friendly community of keen rose growers. This is a place for musings, sharing pictures, asking questions and finding inspiration for anything to do with Roses and the gardens they grow in.

• zugeniezugenie Posts: 465
    Happy Spring Equinox!

@Fire I think you’re right about it being a chafer grub, rhs says there’s a few kinds som good some not so good so I guess we’ll see!!
  • MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 6,308
    Thank you, Mr Vine.. you're on time.. 
  • JessicaSJessicaS East Midlands, UKPosts: 536
    edited 20 March
    I hate vine weevils, well worth getting the nematodes, they got rid of the lot for me last year, otherwise they destroy my impatiens and primroses. My fresh supply just arrived to clear the nasty blighters out of my pots. Totally safe too.
  • OmoriOmori North YorkshirePosts: 1,513
    Wow we’re already here! Time flies…it seemed ages off when we were discussing the new thread. 

Any lurkers, please feel free to share your roses, we love to see any and all ☺️
  • TackTack Central South UKPosts: 880
    edited 20 March
    How glorious, a lovely Spring day and a shiny new thread full of promise! Thank you @Mr. Vine Eye.
    It would be so nice too if a few new faces and their past, present and future roses would like to join in. This is such a friendly thread please feel welcome.
    I've just spotted you @pippajm, hello. I would keep it in a pot but outside this year. I don't know that hardening it off by putting it outside during the day and back in at night is strictly necessary with roses but it's what I'd do. Someone more expert in cuttings will be along. I have had zero success with rose cuttings so well done on that.
  • owd potterowd potter Posts: 692
    edited 20 March
    Morning all,
    thanks to @Mr. Vine Eye for turning a new leaf for us rose addicts.
    Welcome @pippajm,
    Does it look anything like this cutting which I took in Nov?

roses are hardy outdoor plants, your cutting should have rooted by now so as @tack says move your pot outdoors.

Just another day at the plant...
  • EustaceEustace OxfordPosts: 775
    Welcome to this thread @pippajm.

Here are some cuttings which I took a few months back. They are outdoors in the shade of the trees in my back garden. They are hardy and will do well outdoors.