Forum home Plants

Mystery plant

13»

• hdl986hdl986 Posts: 10
    In case anyone would like to see how vigorous it can become when it gets settled in! The second photo keeps loading upside down. This is the cellar. The beams are on the cellar ceiling. 
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Posts: 8,301
    Wow.  It's a very beautiful plant but should definitely come with a health warning...
    Since 2019 I've lived in east Clare, in the west of Ireland.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,874
    edited March 2022
    When we first moved to Suffolk in the late ‘50s I remember a rose bush that pushed several branches through the mortar in the house wall and bloomed in the sitting room. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 4,710
    edited March 2022
    hdl986 said:
    In case anyone would like to see how vigorous it can become when it gets settled in! The second photo keeps loading upside down. This is the cellar. The beams are on the cellar ceiling. 

I had no idea that it is such a thug.
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • UffUff Posts: 3,199
    Incredible, thanks for showing us hdl986.
    SW SCOTLAND but born in Derbyshire
  • hdl986hdl986 Posts: 10
    hdl986 said:

I had no idea that it is such a thug.
    Isn’t it delicate and ephemeral looking! Beautiful photos 
  • SuesynSuesyn Posts: 660
    Our neighbours had wisteria growing through their floorboards when they bought their cottage 20 years ago.