Forum home Problem solving

who is digging in the garden?

I thought it might be foxes as we have a lot of them about and I am quite often stepping in what they should be bagging up and putting in the bin. Other candidates squirrels or cats. The holes are about 9 inches diameter and 4-5" deep and maybe squirrels as I am finding a number of dug-up tulip bulbs.
I'm asking because I put down Blood Fish & Bonemeal each year, but hear more and more of it attracting digging foxes.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,877
    Strangely the foxes here seem to like digging holes in the lawn instead. About the only place that doesn't get BFF. I don't feed the lawn at all, it only needs cutting more.  The deer has currently taken a fancy to tulips.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,474
    I doubt that would be either squirrels or cats, although the former will certainly dig up bulbs, and cats are notorious for sh*tting anywhere and everywhere. Foxes are a possibility with holes that size, and the poo can certainly be messy. Squirrel stuff is barely noticeable.
    Badgers too, for big holes, but they target lawns more, and can make a real mess of them.
    A photo would be helpful if you can manage one. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....