Forum home Plants

Prunus incisa- kojo no mai wilting flowers

Hi I just got this beautiful prunus incisa a  week ago . It bloomed and I'm worried because most of the flowers are wilting.  I watered it every other day , and took it outside in the sun every other day 4-5 hours of sun . What could I do or what I'm doing wrong ? 

• pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 1,816
    It’s probably just finishing flowering. The flowers don’t last long, especially if you kept it inside. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,379
    How much water are you giving it?  A shrub in flower uses quite a lot, especially indoors and/or in the sun.
    But I agree with @pitter-patter ... blossom of any sort doesn't last long.
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 4,452
    First of all this is an outdoor shrub and will go over much quicker if you bring it indoors! If you want to do that you need to keep it as cool as possible, e.g. an unheated north facing porch.

Also the general problem with buying a shrub in bloom, is you've probably missed half of the flowering display. Plant it outdoors and you will enjoy the attractive leaves for the rest of the year, including blazing autumn colour. Put it somewhere you can see next spring's blossom from the window - classically the one you look out of while washing up!
  • pitter-patterpitter-patter Posts: 1,816
    All the more to be appreciated for its fleeting beauty. Some Sakura enthusiasts have identified 11 stages in the flowering process, including the falling of petals (which I am the most attached to). The swelling of the leaf buds and the gentle unfurling of the leaves is also something worth witnessing.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,092
    I agree with the others - prunus flowers don't last long, and indoors it'll be over even more quickly. If you can plant it outside, you'll get a brief but stunning show every spring.
  • Thanks a lot to everyone !