Forum home Problem solving

Automatic watering for raised beds

I have a watering system set up for my 4 raised vegetable beds and am looking for a timer control for each bed. I have an automatic controller that fits on the tap but need 4 smaller ones that will fit in-line in each bed. I used to have these in our garden in Italy but can't  find anything on line here. Does anyone know of something that would work?

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,898
    I have the three outlet as well as a single outlet version of this one.  If your beds are far away and you only want to run a single line, put a single outlet one on your taps and then have the triple outlet one closer to your beds.  Have the single set to open for the duration, and have the triple rotate though the outlets within that time.  There must be a UK version at a better price though, that is way more than I paid for mine in the US.  
    Utah, USA.
  • philaudenphilauden Posts: 2
    Hi there and thanks for the suggestion, I do have one very similar to this and cheaper but can't find any way of connecting it to the hose on the inlet side. Any suggestions on this?
  • Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,898
    I assume you need an adaptor for whatever hose you are using?  Some of the reviews mentioned something about that particular one not fitting British standard hoses?  Can't help you with that unfortunately. Might be worth picking up a new hose? 
    Utah, USA.