Forum home Problem solving

Ferrogranul-20 moss control mix

jaffacakesjaffacakes IrelandPosts: 424
Hi all,

Can anyone help me how to mix this moss control powder in a 8l watering can for moss please? I was thinking 30grams to 8l watering can but maybe i'm completely wrong. I have a huge bag of the stuff.

Thanks in advance. Link below.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 8,528
    If you click on the Contact link on their webpage there's an enquiry form ready to fill out. They are the best people to tell you.

Generally speaking most garden-related chemicals seem to be dosed at 5ml or 5g per litre.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • MrMowMrMow Posts: 68
    Taken from your link Analysis Pack Size Rate Water Volume Ferrogranul 20 25kg 10-50kg/ha 300-600ltrs/ha You said 30 grams in 8 liters( you also need to know the area to cover) hope this helps Using the average of 450 liters of water per hectare ( 10.000 sq mtr ) 10 kg rate per hectare Iron product 177.7 grams per 8 liters to cover 177.7 sq mtr That was for the lowest dose if you wish to get moss control you will need to go at the highest rate so the product will be x 5 @888.5 grams the water should be the same and the area should remain the same as thats in the rates detailed above.From you link. Please take note that Iron will stain clothing/ patios and anything it touches, so remember walking of afterwards indoors across the patio and onto the carpet. If your treating less than the 177 sq mtr you should be able to work out roughly what you need if not come back for the answer
    I never knew retirement would be so busy. :smile:

Only my second post on here why o why has it just scrambled it all. Its not how I laid it out hopefully it still reads ok. And no Emoji's available.

• jaffacakesjaffacakes IrelandPosts: 424
    Thanks for the replies. I found another link with details on how to mix. It seems to be "Also soluble in water: for example, 125 - 150g for approx 5 m2 lawn in 5 liters of water.". I've about 70 sq meters to cover so i think about 25g per litre in around 9 watering cans. Hopefully will work ok  :) 

https://linja24.de/Ferrogranul-20-25kg_1
    @jaffacakes

Warm water dissolves the iron better.

Another little tip when you get under control of the Moss , is to take a jam jar and drill a few holes in the lid  fill this with your iron, this acts like a salt or pepper shaker for the control of moss.