Forum home Plants

Seed sowing in Jan

I’m fairly new to growing plants from seed and I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations for plants I can sow in a propagator during February and March? All recommendations welcome!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,491
    Do you have a heated greenhouse or conservatory?  you’ll need a lot of space to grow your plants in before they can be planted out in May/June.  That’s often the governing factor. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,433
    As well as @Dovefromabove's very important question, it's a bit vague just to ask for recommendations for plants.
    We'd need to know more about your conditions/climate, because what grows in some locations, won't grow in others. Your likes/dislikes are also factors, and what room you have in beds or borders for certain plants.  :)
    Hardy annuals can certainly be sown at that time, and most don't need any extra heat - just a windowsill,  and can be put outside sooner, but again - the timing depends on where you are. Half hardy ones are the ones which will need heat - and then the growing on space with warmth, before going out.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....