Forum home Plants

Sorbus aucuparia 'Autumn Spire' Tree

DaisypicDaisypic Posts: 43
I am wondering if anyone has one of these trees planted in their garden and if so what size has it grown to as I am trying to establish the eventual height and spread after 10 years. Some websites are saying 4m x 1m, while other sites are saying 8m x 2m.  I am looking for an upright column tree around the 5/6m x 2m size, I have looked at the Prunus but wondering whether I am missing any others which could be suitable. Thanks. 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 42,229
    Your conditions, soil and climate will determine the height - whether it's after five, ten or twenty years. 
    It's impossible for any info to be accurate 100% of the time in 100% of locations - especially when it comes to trees. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DaisypicDaisypic Posts: 43
    Fairygirl said:
    Your conditions, soil and climate will determine the height - whether it's after five, ten or twenty years. 
    It's impossible for any info to be accurate 100% of the time in 100% of locations - especially when it comes to trees. 
    I guess that’s very true. I will just have to give them a go I think! 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 42,229
    edited 15 January
    What grows well here might not grow in the same way as it would for someone on the coast, and vice versa. It comes down to that.
    My climate is vastly different from someone who lives on the south coast of England for example, and that's why there's such variation  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....