Forum home The potting shed

WORDLE WANDERINGS

• OmoriOmori North YorkshirePosts: 1,531
    @Fairygirl Your clipboard is where what you’ve copied gets stored temporarily, like a virtual notepad if that makes sense. Then when you click paste (which you can do by right clicking in the text box and choosing the paste option, or by clicking control+V on PC, command+V on Mac), it will replicate what you’ve copied. Hopefully that makes sense 🤔 
  • B3B3 Posts: 21,522
    I've rediscovered Angry Birds lurking in my apps. I'd forgotten what a good time waster it was.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,404
    Thanks for that @Omori, but I use a laptop so I can't see anything relevant. I've looked through downloads and documents and all those things, but I don't see anything there.

I'll ask my daughter when she gets home  ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• OmoriOmori North YorkshirePosts: 1,531
    She should be able to explain it better than me and you’ll be copy and pasting away in no time 😜 
    Omori said:
    She should be able to explain it better than me and you’ll be copy and pasting away in no time 😜 
     :) 

• didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 1,736
    @fairygirl - when you click the share button and it says it's copied to your clipboard you don't actually see anything.  But you can then paste it to whichever destination you like - whether that's a post here, or a document or anything.  Just press the control button and the v letter button at the same time and voila!  It appears.  Or right click on your mouse and select paste when you are where you want to paste something.
    It is only temporary as @Omori says.  But it will keep appearing when you do control+V until you copy (control + c) something else, then that thing takes precedence.

Hurrah! Thanks folks  :D

Wordle 211 3/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,495
    Today's attempt

Wordle 211 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
    🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
    🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,801
    edited 16 January
    Once it's copied (to the clipboard), you just come on here and paste it. If you're using a laptop you can probably go Edit > Paste, or just hit Ctrl-V on the keyboard. You will find it appears like magic 🙂

Wordle 211 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
    ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,801
    Oops, sorry - obviously hadn't refreshed!
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero