Forum home The potting shed

WORDLE WANDERINGS

• tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,986
    I did it in two goes yesterday morning @BenCotto  and in three, this morning.  I try and use letters that are unusual in my first word and then it is just fluke.

Did you know that there is an Italian dancer called Benjamin Cotto?  Well, now you do!!
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 3,621
    edited 15 January
    No, I didn’t know that @tui34. I’m vain enough to have checked my real name on Facebook - worldwide there are about 30 of us - but, until now, I have never checked my soubriquet. There are about 15 Ben Cottos, heavily concentrated in Italy. Che sorpresa.
  • didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 1,740
    Wordle 210 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
    🟩⬜🟨🟩🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,501
    I got it in 3 today, lucky guessing the last 2 letters to start with.
    Wordle 210 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
    🟨⬜🟨🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 5,573
    @BenCotto I did today's in two. Pure fluke

Wordle 210 2/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first” 
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,801
    Wordle 210 2/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That's my first two-er.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
    I have been watching Lingo since doing Wordle and would like to ask how you pronounce H.   

I have always said "aitch" and was told that "haitch" was incorrect.  Most of the contestants and the compere pronounce it "haitch".   Help!!

• FireFire LondonPosts: 14,166
    It is /Aitch/
  • Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,734
    @tui34 I agree with you. "aitch" is correct and "haitch" isn't. Anne-Marie who is standing in for Rachel Riley on Countdown says "haitch" and it's not an easy word to say. 
    Okay.  Thank you @Fire and @Fran IOM .  Surprised that it isn't picked up by the directors of these shows.  But anything goes now and I'm not talking about different accents.