Forum home Problem solving

Formatting on Forum Posts

PlantmindedPlantminded WirralPosts: 319
Over the last couple of days I've noticed that if I've preceeded another poster's name with the @ key and then posted the discussion, the text after the name drops to the next line, including any punctuation.  Has anyone else noticed this?  What am I doing wrong?!  Not a major problem but looks messy!

• FireFire LondonPosts: 12,163
    Lots of the formatting is quite glitchy. I wouldn't suppose that it's you.
  • PlantmindedPlantminded WirralPosts: 319
    edited 12 January
    Thanks @Fire I was getting worried!

(See it's done it again!)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,875
    edited 12 January
    It is a bit idiosyncratic … I have to put the skills I acquired when editing exhibition catalogues on the back burner … I don’t think any reasonable person is too concerned by the appearance of other folks’ posts. 

It seems to me that most forums start out pretty glitch-free … but the nature of the internet is that forums are a sort of complicated knitting … one dropped stitch can lead to all sorts of unravelling further down the line … picking up those stitches correctly can take more time (patience) and expense than it’s worth … so the option usually chosen is to keep the knitting going with a few patches and some darning until it’s convenient/practical to replace it with a new improved model … which will soon develop a dropped stitch …. 😂 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• PlantmindedPlantminded WirralPosts: 319
    edited 12 January
    Strange, when I edited the note above it corrected itself!  I'll take your [email protected] and relax!
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 12,163
    Thanks @Fire I was getting worried!

(See it's done it again!)

It's coming up fine to me.
  • UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 778
    I haven't had any such problem Plantminded but there's always time I suppose. I'm tempting fate here.