Forum home Problem solving

Can't get on to the forum with my laptop anymore

Please can anyone help. I've been posting on here for years with my laptop. Tonight I get asked to sign in but before it even asks for my password a message says 'Bad gateway' with a blank page. I've tried Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, both the same. @Daniel Haynes please?
Dordogne and Norfolk

• UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 2,174
    Have you tried closing down your laptop and restarting, then logging into the forum again Busy-Lizzie. It sometimes helps to do that.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,444
    @Busy-Lizzie 🤗 

Not my forté, but I’ve found this which explains it 
    https://www.lifewire.com/502-bad-gateway-error-explained-2622939  and suggests what to do. 

But I’m sure someone more capable will have better ideas than me in the morning. xx
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 19,188
    edited 3 January
    I did all that then my McAffee security thingy popped up to say something had got turned off and did I want it back on and so now I'm back! I don't think I turned anything off though. Thank you both.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,444
    Hurrah!!! 🥂 

I had to sign back in again yesterday so my guess is that over the ‘quiet period’ some technical work had been done on the server which triggered your security not to recognise it so it turned it off automatically.  Well done for sorting it. 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 1,966
    I get strange things like that as well @Busy-Lizzie on my laptop, sometimes my anti-virus says my firewall has been turned off and I certainly haven't turned anything off, does make you wonder.
  • UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 2,174
    The forum logged me out about a week or so ago so needed my password to get back in. I never log out. Pleased to hear you have your laptop connection back Buzzy-Lizzie.
  • PlantmindedPlantminded WirralPosts: 1,267
    I had that problem on my desktop yesterday @Busy-Lizzie from mid-afternnon onwards.  I'm a bit of a technophobe and spent hours fiddling around with my browser settings to no avail.  Tuned in this morning and everything is fine!  
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,602
    I'm another one who recently got logged out. As d-fab said, something has been going on in the background ;) 
  • steephillsteephill Posts: 2,479
    I had the same problem yesterday. I hadn't changed anything on my PC and it resolved itself today without any intervention from me.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 19,188
    Glad I wasn't alone!
    Dordogne and Norfolk