Forum home Garden design

Before and After - show us what you've done!

PlantmindedPlantminded Wirral (free draining sandy soil)Posts: 1,743
How has your garden changed over the years or since you became a keen gardener?  I wondered if some before and after photos might be of interest to others to give some ideas for the new gardening year.

Have you inherited a tired garden that needed some new energy, replanted a border, created a new seating area or installed a pond? Please show us what you've done.  A before and after photo from the same aspect, plus an idea of the timescale is what I had in mind.

I'll start off (tentatively!) by showing the garden I inherited when I moved in to my current property in 2013 and how it looked last year.

Please dive into your photographic archives and reveal all!

• PlantmindedPlantminded Wirral (free draining sandy soil)Posts: 1,743
    That's taken some work @raisingirl, it looks great in that wonderful setting!   
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 6,325
    That's taken some work @raisingirl, it looks great in that wonderful setting!   
     :) Thanks. The garden has taken second place to the building that's at the back of the first shot - that's our house now (still not finished). It takes most of our resources and the garden only gets what time I can spare and not much money, so it's slow work.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first” 
  • FireFire North LondonPosts: 17,116
    @BenCotto you have a way with walls!