Forum home Garden design

Before and After - show us what you've done!

How has your garden changed over the years or since you became a keen gardener?  I wondered if some before and after photos might be of interest to others to give some ideas for the new gardening year.

Have you inherited a tired garden that needed some new energy, replanted a border, created a new seating area or installed a pond? Please show us what you've done.  A before and after photo from the same aspect, plus an idea of the timescale is what I had in mind.

I'll start off (tentatively!) by showing the garden I inherited when I moved in to my current property in 2013 and how it looked last year.

Please dive into your photographic archives and reveal all!

Wirral. Sandy, free draining soil.

• PlantmindedPlantminded Posts: 3,509
    That's taken some work @raisingirl, it looks great in that wonderful setting!   
    Wirral. Sandy, free draining soil.

• raisingirlraisingirl Posts: 7,084
    That's taken some work @raisingirl, it looks great in that wonderful setting!   
     :) Thanks. The garden has taken second place to the building that's at the back of the first shot - that's our house now (still not finished). It takes most of our resources and the garden only gets what time I can spare and not much money, so it's slow work.
    Gardening on the edge of Exmoor, in Devon

“It's still magic even if you know how it's done.” 
  • FireFire Posts: 19,000
    @BenCotto you have a way with walls!