Forum home Problem solving

Yellowing grass

I put this lawn down in October but some of the grass blades are turning yellow, any idea what it is what’s causing it and how to fix it.
thanks 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,378
    My guess is that’s simply the effects of winter … the grass isn’t growing much so you’re not mowing it much so the blades of grass are getting older … when the spring arrives the grass will grow, you will mow and it’ll all look much greener again. 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• 1945crewood1945crewood DerbyshirePosts: 130
    edited 3 January
    The 'experts' on the lawn forums I visit always recommend using a winter feed or spraying the lawn with Iron Sulphate for yellowing tips.

Most of them are still mowing too.

The evening sun touched gently on the eyes of Lucy Jordan.....
    On the rooftop where she climbed when all the laughter grew to loud.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,378
    edited 3 January
    Presuming that the soil was properly prepared before turf
    was laid, I wouldn’t feed recently laid turf in the winter. I would wait until the spring. Growth is slow in the winter and roots need to establish before the top growth is fed. 

Others may take a different view …
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,179
    It's winter. Grass all looks like that round here, unless people want to spend money on autumn feeds etc.
    Too soon to feed turf laid in October. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....