Forum home The potting shed

⛄️HELLO FORKERS ⛄️ Jan ‘22 ⛄️

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,737
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone … here’s the new thread for our chatter, to exchange news, congratulate, commiserate and hold each others’ hands through the tough stuff …. make friends and witter on about the inconsequential detritus of life …

So, the kettle is on … there are croissants and cinnamon rolls for all … just help yourselves … or join the queue for bacon baps … 

☕️ 🥐 ☕️ 🥐 ☕️ 🥐 ☕️ 🥐 ☕️ 🥐 ☕️ 
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,454

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 10,612
    Thanks for the new one Dove. 
    Lovely  BusyL. 

S. E. NSW
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,559
    A very Happy 2022 with good health so that we can have a prosperous garden!!

Jim jams for us too @AuntyRach but with lots of nice nibbles.  We went to bed around 10.30pm.   I've been awake since 5.30am but did sleep through the night. Still misty - let's hope the sun will make an appearance later.

Lazing over another cup of tea and checking through phone messages.

Tui 

A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,214
    Happy new year fellow forkers. Is it me,or did last year whizz by? Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to see the back of the Covid 19 thread on here. Stay well friends
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,471
    edited 1 January
    Happy New Year everyone,  agree @Nanny Beach I’m sure there’s only 6 months in a year now, the older you get, the quicker time flies.
    glad you got some sleep @tui34
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,214
    Yes Lyn,coupled with the fact I have several birthdays a year now.Dont mention the "S" word!!!
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,471
    I’d rather not have any birthdays now. Mine’s next week,  I suppose I should be glad to see the next one,  most of my friends and family have gone. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,737
    I’m still stuck at 27 @Lyn … it’s as old as I feel … although my joints may disagree from time to time 😂 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 693
    Morning all and a happy new year. I agree with the birthday comments, I recycle my birthdays now. Feeling a bit older this year though.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,933
    We have sunshine but it's only just climbing above the trees a few fields away.   

I'm a bit like Bonzo dog who, despite advancing years, is still a playful puppy in his head but has creaky joints.  He's already had a new knee.  On Monday I shall start moves to get one too.

Some interesting NY gongs this year in the ones I've seen so far.

Enjoy your day everyone, whatever you're doing.  The usual big NY day swims in the ocean have all been cancelled here to avoid crowds on the shore.   Not that I'd have been tempted anyway. 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw