Forum home The potting shed

NEW YEAR’S DAY FLOWER COUNT 2022

Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 3,449
edited December 2021 in The potting shed
Hi all fellow gardeners! COVID or no COVID, omicron or not, just a reminder that the traditional New Year's Day Flower Count is starting tomorrow, Jan. 1st, 2022.
Looking forward to your lists and pics!
As a starter, here's a pic of one of my "Xmas roses", taken just before Xmas.
You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).

• UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 1,701
    I'm hoping to do a flower count later. At the moment it's vile out there, raining heavily and still almost dark. 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 14,052
    We have bright sun at the mo - for the first time in what feels like months...
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 5,661
    Nothing to photograph yet but I have rudbeckia and echinacea budding before last years’ plants have even died back properly. Clearly a bit confused by the freakish warm, frost-free spell we are currently experiencing!
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,131
    Just a load of moth-eaten rubbish.

Since the first week in September we have had only ten days with any sunshine worth recording. Otherwise “grey”, “overcast”, drizzling”, “pouring” or “vile”, according to my diary.

Glad I’m not a seafarer. You don’t often hear “Hurricane Force 12” but Rockall got it last night.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • PlantmindedPlantminded WirralPosts: 1,018
    Euphorbia wulfenii (about to pounce!) and Iberis (being very ahead of its time!)

• FireFire LondonPosts: 14,052
    @Plantminded Crikey. That's the most intent plant I've ever seen. You might want to take out a restraining order. 

I do find euphorobia scarily prehistoric looking plants. Like monkey puzzles. They give me the collywobbles.