Forum home The potting shed

🦃 CURMUDGEONS' CORNER XIX 🦃

B3B3 Posts: 19,966
edited 14 January in The potting shed
18 didn't last long.😒

In London. Keen but lazy.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 30,455
    Bojo the Clown's press conference. 
    Um , I tried , um counting the ums but um, I um couldn't um keep up um with, um how many um times he's um said it. 
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 19,966
    Try counting Stratton's sniffs.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 19,282
    How come Stratton had to resign but this bloke Ed Oldfield, who was goading her into saying what she said, hasn’t been heard from?
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    B3 said:
    Try counting Stratton's sniffs.
    at least she's gone
    Devon.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 5,051
    Why was she crying? For herself. 
    “There is no military solution
    Doesn't always end up as something worse”
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 3,553
    edited December 2021
    edited December 2021
    Why was she crying? For herself. 
    the loss of a massive tax payer funded salary.
    £125,000 a year
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/who-allegra-stratton-eye-watering-6323072
    Devon.
  • steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,729
    I don't follow why Stratton had to go. If there wasn't a party, then what they did was neither here nor there. If there was a party, then the people at the party, and the ones now covering it up should go. A press secretary rehearsing what might be asked in jokey way seems a poor excuse for resignation in comparison. Makes you think the deflection claim may be true. Have a quick briefing to get Covid front and foremost again and get that on the front pages - announce a press secretary has resigned - and hope that that sacrifice is enough to appease the gullible public.
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,874
    As Oliver Cromwell said to the Long Parliament when he thought it was no longer fit to conduct the affairs of the nation: You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go.
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,729
    Just listening to Sajid. The reason why yesterday - basically the rate of infection for Omicron. OK, but what is being said now only echoes what was assumed before - ie that Omicron was vastly more transmissible. On that assumption, you introduce the plan anyway don't you - and then relax if those 'assumptions' are wrong? Why leave it days for the base number to increase - track and trace and stamp on it early. Don't wait for 500, 1000 cases.
    I must be a cynic, but to now allow people to work from home when they can, but to go anywhere else indoors, where food and drink are consumed, and mix without masks (especially in the lead up to Christmas) just seems barking if the rate of transmission is the issue.
    The interviewer is just tackling Stratton's resignation and seems to follow my thought - why resign if no party? I think she's been hung out to dry.
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
This discussion has been closed.