Forum home The potting shed

What tech do you use to view this forum?

FireFire LondonPosts: 14,076
If you read this forum regularly, what means do you use?

What tech do you use to view this forum? 55 votes

phone 📱
14%
DovefromaboveNanny BeachLG_TheGreenManSuesynEustaceManderWild_Violet 8 votes
desk top computer 💻
16%
BobTheGardenerPete.8Singing GardenerAlan Clark2  in LiverpoolKiliraisingirlUncle MortAnte1Plantminded 9 votes
laptop 👩🏾‍💻
40%
Hostafan1Bee witchedNewBoy2Busy-LizziefidgetbonesMarranKT53LiriodendronmadpenguinFiremicearguerssteveTuMrs-B3-Southampton,-HantsJennyJmandyroberts99robairdmacraignildidywBigladDesi_in_LondonUff 22 votes
tablet 💊
29%
chickyLynCebeTopbirdpansyfacePapi JoBlue OnionZenjeffJohn36NanniemoBenCottoMr. Vine EyeValley GardenerValleysgirlButterfly66thevictorian 16 votes
carrier pigeon 🕊
0%
semaphore 🚩
0%
other 🧐
0%

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,730
    phone 📱
    Off shore oil rig!
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,466
    laptop 👩🏾‍💻
    I use more than one, but it wouldn't let me say. I prefer my laptop so I put that, but I also use my phone and OH's tablet.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Fire said:
    If you read this forum regularly, what means do you use?
    Laptop

No phone or tablet

Tho given the poor reception here, a Carrier Pigeon may do just as well :D
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 14,076
    laptop 👩🏾‍💻
    @Busy-Lizzie I imagine that navigating the forum regularly must be much trickier on a phone - a small screen. 
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 6,429
    laptop 👩🏾‍💻
    My experience of website forums on anything other than desktop or laptop has been a total pain in the posterior.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 14,076
    laptop 👩🏾‍💻
    @KT53 me too. Platforms like Whatsapp too - entirely easier on a computer. I'm personally amazed that so many use only their phone to navigate all these complex groups, forums, media, newspapers, TV and film.  Esp young people who often seem not to have a computer or landline - do everything via mobile phone. If everyone spends all their day travelling I can imagine it's to hand, but it must be hard on the eyes (and the neck) to peer at such a small screen... ?  I'd personally always rather wait until I get home.

Whatsapp for computers:

• Desi_in_LondonDesi_in_London London regionPosts: 531
    edited December 2021
    laptop 👩🏾‍💻
    I said laptop, but to all intents and purposes its an old (heavy) laptop that I use as a desktop. Have tried it on the phone a couple of times before giving up ( not unique to this forum - reading a long thread to catch up is ok, but navigating between threads is very difficult). 

edit to add - sorry KT53 didn't see your comment before I posted, agree totally.
    Kindness is always the right choice.
  • Desi_in_LondonDesi_in_London London regionPosts: 531
    laptop 👩🏾‍💻
    @Fire - just saw your post - i wonder whether that is one of the reasons phones seem to get ever bigger ...
    Kindness is always the right choice.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,912
    tablet 💊
    9”  iPad wouldn’t go back to laptop now,  everything is so easy,  safer security,  typing is so quick,  easy to take photo and instantly post.  Does everything I need it to do. 
    Smaller battery, smaller footprint. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,106
    laptop 👩🏾‍💻
    Mostly laptop, sometimes tablet (10" screen so it's a reasonable size). Reading the forum is fine on either but typing is so much easier for me on an actual keyboard than on a touchscreen. Can't be doing with peering at websites on a phone screen unless it's something that I absolutely need to do while out and about.