Forum home The potting shed

The Wild Gardener Colin Stafford-Johnson and dead hedges

• a1154a1154 Sunny South Scotland Posts: 948
    Ah this is north of Biggar. It’s the Big Red Barn on the a702/a721. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,129
    Yeh- Biggar wouldn't be considered 'west'  ;)
    It's about 40 miles from me - at a guess, as my sister is pretty much due north of Biggar, and she's around that distance. Not been down that way for many years. 

Nice fence by the way  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• UffUff SW Scotland but born in DerbyshirePosts: 1,700
    a1154 said:
    Ah this is north of Biggar. It’s the Big Red Barn on the a702/a721. 
    Well I never, I was up that way a week or two ago and didn't recognise the hedge.

If it's the wind farm that I think you mean Fairygirl then you aren't a million miles from me. 
    If you're in south west Scotland, you aren't near me @Uff   ;)
    It's Whitelee I'm close to - the biggest windfarm on the UK mainland. It's about 10/15 mins drive to the access of the wee hill [Corse Hill] at the eastern end. 

I pass that one when I go up to Glasgow via the M77 Fairygirl. I wondered if it might have been the Clyde Valley wind farm. That was supposed to have been 175 turbines when it was planned but I think it's been added to since conception. I sometimes go north via the M74 and pass through that one. 
    edited December 2021
    Whitelee is around 215 or 220 turbines [2nd biggest in Europe] but I think there'll be a few more windfarms getting built over the next few years. 
    I'm only 5 mins from the M77.
    Clyde Valley windfarm is much further south - and east  ;)

Yes I guess you are just over an hour from me. 
  • Simone_in_WiltshireSimone_in_Wiltshire WiltshirePosts: 164
    Yesterday evening, I discovered by chance that series 1 has got episode 3 and 4 but only on the iPhone. It wasn't available in iPlayer on telly recently or on the website. Strange decision by the BBC to do that.
    Being a German, after living in the UK for many years, my English is still far from being perfect, but I always do my best.
  • a1154a1154 Sunny South Scotland Posts: 948
    That’s interesting Simone, I’ll have a look. Thanks for the info. 
  • Yesterday evening, I discovered by chance that series 1 has got episode 3 and 4 but only on the iPhone. It wasn't available in iPlayer on telly recently or on the website. Strange decision by the BBC to do that.

I just had a look and episodes 3 and 4 are available on I player for me but it looks like they are 30 minutes long, so would guess that the BBC just put them back to back during original broadcast making 2 hour long programmes out of the 4 30 minute episodes.