Forum home Problem solving

Geranium prob

Took these cuttings but this has happened... Been curled up for 6 hours now.. What can I do to get it back to normal? 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 75,007
    I wouldn’t worry about it. Your cuttings don’t have enough roots yet to provide sufficient moisture to those large leaves … I would snip them off …  they  will probably go brown and die anyway. Don’t worry. Just leave the very small leaves. When the roots have formed and are big enough to feed the leaves some more will grow. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,250
    Agree with Dove,think they are much too big as well.

• What should I do about the leaves on the right of the pic? Should I just focus on the 2 at the top of the pic and bin the front 2?
    I would just leave them as they are big they go brown then snip them off. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,522
    I do a lot of pelargonium cuttings and in my opinion this is not the right time,  they need lots of warmth.
    Best time is late Spring and through the summer, then you can overwinter the plants.
    I would start again next year. 
    I don’t think they were to big,  I like them as chunky as I can get them, just the wrong time.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

edited November 2021
    I agree @lyn ... now is not the best time ... more growth hormones in the plants in the spring/summer ... however I have been successful with pelargonium cuttings taken at this time of year, and given that the OP has taken the cuttings he might as well see what happens.  :D