Forum home The potting shed

Storm Arwen

TheGreenManTheGreenMan Tyne & Wear Green Belt Posts: 1,568
edited November 2021 in The potting shed
To anyone else currently in the grips of it, I hope your doing ok. 

So far we’ve had rain, thick snow, thunder and the worst winds I’ve known since 87! 

I’ve just had to go out and pick up all of my pots and pull up six concrete slabs from the gravel garden to put in the shed to stop it lifting (and it has a LOT of heavy stuff in it already!). 

Hang on in there!! 

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 6,143
    It's raining and windy here but nothing exceptional (or not yet anyway). Stay safe!
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,736
    Just a bit chilly here,3c
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,483
    edited November 2021
    Friends are staying in Amble on the northumberland coast to celebrate a special anniversary … they had a table booked at a quayside restaurant early this evening but were unable to walk the 50 yards to get there. They are outdoorsy people … hill walkers… they said it was the worst weather they’d seen … ‘terrifying’.  They were soaked through in a few yards. They turned around and phoned and cancelled. 

Stay safe folks 🤗 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• TheGreenManTheGreenMan Tyne & Wear Green Belt Posts: 1,568
    Yeah it’s really not nice right now. 

Internet went three hours ago. Mobile signal is sketchy. 

That’ll teach me for buying a house with nothing behind it facing north. 

I can’t imagine I’ll get much sleep tonight! 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,483
    edited November 2021
    Keep your hatches battened and your head down @TheGreenMan … have a hot drink ☕️ 
    have you got power?  I’d fill a flask or two and a couple of hot water bottles … just in case.  I remember the Great Storm of ‘87 😱 we were without power for nearly a week!

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FireFire LondonPosts: 14,159
    edited November 2021
    It does look like the worst storm that the north has faced for decades. Sending all best wishes. Just stay safe.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,024
    We are just on the cusp of the storm. We've had snow flurries and the wind is wicked. I hate wind and all it's destructiveness. I'll be so glad when tonight is over. Hold on there @TheGreenMan, soon be morning. Lets hope we all survive😬
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Tyne & Wear Green Belt Posts: 1,568
    Yeah power is still here. Flickering lights every now and then. 

I’ve cranked up the heating just in case it all goes off. The house keeps warm for a while when it’s off. 

First storm in the new place and I’m alone all weekend. The poor cat is an high alert too. Haha. 

• ZenjeffZenjeff Newcastle Upon Tyne Posts: 628
    Rough here too cold rain hail and very strong winds noisy night tonight for sleep…
  • ZenjeffZenjeff Newcastle Upon Tyne Posts: 628
    Real feel what -11