Forum home Problem solving

Houseplant help

Hi - I have no idea if a gardeners forum is the best place to ask about houseplants, but just in case, here goes.... I have a Howea Forsteriana which got moved during some furniture upheaval and got forgotten about.  It's leaves are still green (just, it's a very sad green) but most of it's stalks are pale brown.   It's been watered and fed but I don't know if it can be rescued or if it's too late.  If anyone can help, I'd be super grateful, and so would my poor plant :)

• AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 10,414
    I know they like a humid atmosphere and hate being overwatered (l had to look the name up, l call it Kentia palm). I had one that was moved too close to a radiator and the heat and dry air did it no good at all.
    Any chance of a photo ?
  • Tanty2Tanty2 Posts: 211
    Thanks - it's getting the right light and the right temperature, it has good compost and only gets watered when it dries.  It gets misted.  Now.   And before it was moved, when it was super healthy.  Unfortunately, it spent about six weeks ignored which is why it's in this state right now
  • AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 10,414
    Got to be honest, judging by your description l think it's too late. Hope someone has some advice and can prove me wrong  :)