Forum home The potting shed

🌧️ 🐿️ ☔ RESURRECTED 111 ☔ 🐿️ 🌧️

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,882
    Here is a little funny for you all, hopefully to make you smile after more awful news on TV this morning:

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ante1Ante1 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 2,048
    Good morning Rubee.

LB, when you mentioned America, I just saw on news what's happened last night there. Another attack on people with several deaths. Horrible.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 16,354
    edited November 2021
    @bluebellsinthewild glad your foot isn't so painful, but think it's a good idea to go for an xray.  Hope you manage to get one sorted for today. 
    @Chivetalking hope you're  feeling  better this morning. And hope your mum is keeping well too. 
    @Songbird-1 hope you had a good night's sleep and feel better this morning.
    @Ante30 hope you have a good week at work.
    Have a good day everyone 
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,882
    Ante, that news from America is absolutely horrendous. There are no words!
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Oh my goodness, I've only just seen the news. Absolutely horrendous, as you say LB   There are no words.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,483
    Hello all .... such sad news from so many places ... no matter how much we grumble about stuff here in the UK, on the whole we are very lucky.  

No frost here this morning ... it was 6C when we woke three hours ago and it's still 6C...  I don't think it's going to get much warmer.  I'm staying in the warm today ... the heating will be on!  I've given the bathroom a going over, and when I've finished this coffee I'll be making a roasted squash and carrot soup for OH's lunch flask this week, and also a pheasant stock with the remains of yesterday's roast ... there's a few dried porcini in the cupboard and some mushrooms in the fridge so I'll put those together and it's pheasant and mushroom risotto for supper.  

Hope everyone has a good day.   :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,501
    Morning all,

First proper frost of this winter here. I wasn't aware of what had happened in America until logging on here. Terrible :( 

This is the 'before' photo for scale on Kermit. I was collecting leaves when I spotted him, so removed the two that weren't quite providing a good hiding place :D 

• Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,025
    Morning all. zits freezing here this morning brrrrrr..... temperatures set to plummet this week as Rosie says so CH on already.
    @biglad, not having that  Sunday night feeling is great isn't it? It's still novel to us despite being retired for many moons now.
    @bluebellsinthewild, Rosie, I agree that it may be a wise decision to get your foot x rayed, better to be safe than sorry. Good to know before the icy weather comes along too as you don't want to be falling on it.
    @Ante, I'm can't stand folk who hunt to kill animals, then claim it is a sport,  they're appalling aren't they?
    @Topbird , the protesting seems to be spreading across Europe now.mai agree, it's more the troublemakers than peaceful,protestors that are the problem.
    @Chivetalking Chive, my that water looks cold.brrrr. 

Have just done my first E-Consult! 
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,501
    Monday morning visit to a garden centre is definitely a novelty, @Songbird-1 :) 

I got a very nice surprise leaving gift from the job from hell so have already started spending it - a Heuchera Green Spice and Jasminum Nudiflorum have been acquired. I may well be returning after a bit of research on whether I can accommodate a few other options.
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,025
    @Biglad, that's a much better start to the week👏 nice leaving gift too 👍....enjoy. Give yourself a wee bit of time off before your next venture.
    Have planted most of the free bulbs we got, just a few tulip and alliums left so will need to find somewhere in the borders for them.
    My 4 new books arrived today, have plenty to read now👍