Forum home The potting shed

🌧️ 🐿️ ☔ RESURRECTED 111 ☔ 🐿️ 🌧️

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,507
    Afties all,

Are you in league with HMRC @Topbird? I've just had a second text from them telling me not to wait until 31 Jan to complete my tax return ;)

I presume that they assume I owe them money so want it sooner rather than later. However, they ought to consider a couple of things. Firstly, they will owe me. Secondly, I submit my return on 31st Jan every year. Just clogging my inboxes with more pointless dross.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,510
    I'm fine now thanks SGL  :)

Cauliflower soup for OH's next few lunch flasks has been made,  chicken korma and a green lentil dahl chuntering on the stove for supper, and some of yesterday's frittata has been enjoyed for lunch.  Now it's getting dark, wet and windy ... I'm going to check everything outside and then get my knitting out ... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 7,010
    edited December 2021
    You guessed my secret @Biglad - I'm the HMRC's Miss Whiplash😁😉

I always left our tax returns (I have 3 or 4 to do - the business, my personal and OH's personal returns plus sometimes checking MIL's) to that horrible dead period between Christmas and New Year. However, lockdown meant it was easy to get them all done by the end of May in both 2020 and 21. It's a nice feeling getting them all squared away qnd Iùll qi, to do the sq,e next yeqr🙂

Badoodly hell - my keyboard turned itself French again... That last bit should have read ..."and I'll try to do the same next year"!

Been to the SM, DIY store and the opticians this morning. Weather was ok when I set off but has definitely 'picked up' now. It's cold, dark, wet and windy brr. I may light the log burner very soon.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Lily my foot aches at the moment but the car wheel did go over it and the car scraped passed me so tightly.  Obviously not paying attention at all.  It’s where the road leads up to a bend and just before that there is a path leading into the road but often parked cars to the pedestrians left.  The driver must have been travelling at some speed because in the distance when I first stepped out the car in question was a long way off and they should have slowed in any event.  Many older people and children cross there.  There is no crossing.   I was only by the kerb.  I hope you’re feeling much better.  Biglad I hope oh feels better in a few days.  I hope you keep well.   Topbird I hope that’s soon out of the way for you.  LB and Lily how the Christmas decorating going.  Dove your food sounds good.  
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,511
    Daughter and I went to Ikea and bought lamps. We had lunch there, I think the food has gone downhill since I last ate there.
    I'm back at my home now because my Covid booster is tomorrow and I need to arrange for new front tyres for my car.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,890
    Evening all. RosieBB the decorating is coming along - slowly but surely. I've had a frustrating day today. The high winds tipped over two of my neighbour's bins and blew them 3/4 of the way down the drive. The bins were the paper and cardboard bin and the recycle bin. Most of the contents of the recycle bins were all scattered overs. our drives, the road and the grass area opposite our house. The rain was pelting down so I rang neighbour and she finally answered the phone. She sounded very sleepy and I felt sorry as I thought I may have disturbed her as she works very strange hours at the hospital. She told me that she wasn't at all well so I told her to stay inside and I would sort out the bins, which I then did. I got soaked through to the skin.
    The other frustrating thing that has annoyed me is Royal Mail. I went to buy my international stamps on their website, got confirmation of my payment and was told an email had been sent to my address. It wasn't there until about 30 minutes later and when I clicked on the QR codes I got a message to say they were unavailable. I couldn't access the labels on their website to print off my stamps either and then the wretched website closed down as I had left it open for so long. I am NOT a happy bunny.
    Sorry, rant over.
    Busy I am glad that your daughter got herself some new lamps. Will you go back to hers when you have had your booster done and the car tyres sorted out?

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,890
    Signing out for tonight. I'll see you all tomorrow.
    Snoopy Good Night my friends Sweet Dreams  Good night sweet dreams  Good night my friend Good night greetings

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 7,010
    Oh LB - what a trying day you've had. Sorry - can't think what to suggest about the Royal Mail issue. It was kind of you to sort out the rubbish blowing everywhere in such horrid conditions. It's been a foul old day hasn't it?

@biglad - have you had any more info as to whether or not your OH's PCR test has been sent for sequencing? 
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 7,719
    edited December 2021
    Goodnight folks.Sorry I haven’t been very communicative lately.Today in particular I have felt under the weather. Very tired and a bit disoriented.
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,507
    No - we haven't heard anything @Topbird

We're assuming that she has one of the older variants and are following the protocol for that.