Forum home The potting shed

🌧️ 🐿️ ☔ RESURRECTED 111 ☔ 🐿️ 🌧️

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,890
    Good morning Ante and Debs. Got to decorate my tree today Debs. It is still very dark here Ante so I'm not sure how today will be - awful if I go by the forecast. Hey ho.
    I hope that your lights arrive soon for you Ante, by the way, how is your father doing now that he can sit once more? I hope he is progressing with his recovery. Good luck with all of your paperwork.
    Debs, your Fiancé will probably enjoy being back at work and I expect his next weeks will be very busy as we build up towards the festive season.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,510
    Hello all … think it’s a day for battening hatches, lining up the thermos flasks and hot water bottles and wind up torches … everyone got their hard hats to hand?
    @Ante30 small village schools are very special aren’t they?  At the most our school had 31 pupils and at the least there were 13 of us, aged from rising 5 to 11. Just like a family really, all helping each other to learn. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• RubeeRubee Posts: 7,719
    Good morning everyone .I am not quite awake ,back later .
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,511
    Morning all.

That sounds like the village school my children went to when we came to France in 1985. They even used chalk and slates to write on! The school Cook was excellent, 3 course lunches. 

More retail therapy today we are going to look for lamps as ex has taken most of them. To be fair, he bought them. At least daughter is keeping the sofas which she bought.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,890
    Good morning Dove, Ruby and Busy.
    I can only imagine how traumatic this situation must be for your daughter Busy but she must be so glad of your help and support.
    Right, time to get a wriggle on, it is just beginning to get light.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Morning everyone, 
    Sorry not read back yet, but will do after breakfast. 
    Still feeling full of cold and bunged up. Did start to feel better but had to go out Friday to get few bits. It was so very cold and I then felt worse again over the weekend. OH has it too now. 
    Take care everyone. 
  • @Biglad so sorry to hear Mrs Biglad has tested positive for Covid. Do hope it's very mild and she gets better soon. Hope you and your family don't get it. Very best wishes to your wife, take care.

@Chivetalking so sorry to hear the sad news about your sisters MIL, sending my condolences to you all. 

@Ladybird4 hope Jack feels better soon, shingles is horrible and so very painful. 
    @Songbird-1 hope you're feeling better this morning and you got a good night's sleep. Take care, have a restful day. 
    @debs64 good to hear your fiancee is feeling better, hope he takes things as easy as possible when going back to work. You take care too. 
    @Busy-Lizzie enjoy your shopping trip with your daughter, shame thst she has to replace lots of things, but maybe in the long run it will cheer her a little with new items in her home. 

@Rubee , hope you and OH are well.
    @bluebellsinthewild how is your foot now, take care.
    @Ante30 hope your father is more comfortable and feeling better day by day.
    @Dovefromabove hope you're feeling better after your cold.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, mind has gone blank take care everyone 

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,507
    Morning all,

Other half is no worse overnight. 'Mildly grotty' is the description we agreed on and I've just done another negative test. I've picked her car up from the garage and left mine there for a service. She might just be making it all up until I've sorted both our lives out :D 

I've just had to re-schedule my dentist appointment - it's now in 2022 and I last went in 2019 :o However, I can still give blood! All a bit confusing but that's nothing new.

• Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,027
    Afties all. Wind is getting up here, as predicted, just waiting for the snow to arrive too. Bitterly cold, heating is on.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 4,225
    @star gaze lily I wouldn’t venture out today it’s not looking good. Stay warm and dry if you can. 
    Tree is up and I think it looks good. Off to middle daughters in a bit to watch George and pick Maisie up from school. Then an early night I think