Forum home› The potting shed

🌧️ 🐿️ ☔ RESURRECTED 111 ☔ 🐿️ 🌧️

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,495
    It was the boring old bank. Now that Amazon says they won't accept Visa cards next year OH is arranging for a Mastercard.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,498
    According to my eldest, as long as I'm testing negative, I don't have to isolate :o I'll be jiggered if I can keep up with the guidance.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 7,000
    edited December 2021
    I thought that might be the case Biglad - but best to check it out on the Gov website. I think, however, if they diagnose that she has the Omicron strain then you might still have to isolate irrespective of vaccination status etc but I stand to be corrected on that one.
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,498
    That's exactly how we understand it @Topbird. They didn't specify so she's trying to find out if it is Omicron.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 7,000
    Probably won't be Biglad - Delta is still the prevalent strain here.
    They may not know - I'm not sure that all positive results are sent for genomic sequencing or if it's just a percentage. Certainly not all the labs have genomic sequencing facilities, so they have to be sent elsewhere for that.

Good luck with finding your way through the red tape🙂
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 33,880
    Good afternoon everyone. Just when you think you have covered every possible Christmas card recipient an extra one sneaks through the letter box.
    Biglad, I am sorry to hear your news and hope that you and Mrs Biglad don't have any really bad symptoms.  I still haven't got my head around Jack - at 90 - having no signs or symptoms at all. I expect that the shingles over rode anything else. He is still experiencing pain from those poor chap but has an appointment at the pain clinic in town tomorrow afternoon. I hope that they can recommend something to help as he seems to be at a pretty low ebb.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,022
    edited December 2021
    Evening all. Biglad, hope,you don't test positive after your poor OH's results. Take care and don't overdo things now, just take it easy. I managed to repay our BG credit, after much ado, so that's a relief for us.
    Popped into town this morning but on the way back to the car, my legs began to get very cockly and I could hardly put one foot in front of the other. When I got home I had a strong, coffee with sugar ( tea drinker here) and had something to eat but it took quite  a few hours before I began to" feel normal". I can only put it down to my sugar levels dropping suddenly but it was a very weird sensation. 
    We've put some more xmas lights on our Holly tree in the front garden, 150 in all, so it makes a very pretty display now and one that can be seen. Must try and get the tree up this week and write some cards out, leaving it late ( for us) to do this year.
    Off to opticians on Wednesday for a much needed eye test for us both. We are both in need of new lenses too and OH has decided he wants a change in frames too. That could end up being a costly visit!
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,022
    I see Storm Barra is on its way.......💨💨💨
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 7,716
    BL I do hope your OH will soon be feeling better .I hope you are not Covid positive . LB I hope Jack gets some help at the pain clinic ,poor man .Hazel do take care .that sensation in your legs must have been quit alarming .I have managed to put a few Christmas decorations up in between doing more shelf clearing and reading .
  • Ante1Ante1 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 2,048
    Good evening to all.

Hazel, I'm sorry that you didn't feel well today. That must be very upsetting but I hope so that you are better now. Enjoy your christmas lights.

Dove, you mentioned that you were in the small school. My first position was in small school in nearby village. All together was 25 pupils and I loved it. I still want to go back because we were like big family.

I had my own problems today with delivery. Last two months it's terrible. I ordered some new lights a week ago and it was written that delivery will come in two or three days. Nothing till today. I called them and they said that lights has been sent. I canceled my order and place new one in different shop. We shall see what will happen. Despite that it was nice day, but I start to hate Monday.