Forum home The potting shed

🌧️ 🐿️ ☔ RESURRECTED 111 ☔ 🐿️ 🌧️

• RubeeRubee Posts: 7,716
    Good morning everyone . I hope you all slept well .TBird yourOHs first attempt at a full roast dinner sounds yummy .Ante i hope the painting goes well .Not my favourite job .BL my daughters energy company is hanging on to cash too .LB I would much rather have the lower temperature 33 centigrade far too hot .
  • Good morning Ante, Biglad and LB.  it’s still dark and raining outside.  I had some crumpets for breakfast for a change and a cup of tea.    LB and Topbird happy memories of your nativity.  I wasn’t in a nativity but remember performing a ribbon dance.  We had quite a few rehearsals.
  • Asante I hope the painting goes okay, the radio helps.
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,498
    I don't have any memories of any nativities but we did have a teacher who was only at our primary school for a year but put on 'Oliver Twist' as a school play. I was Fagin :o That, and the fact that she was probably the first crush for half the class, meant that she made a lasting impression ;) 

Looking dreary here with sleety stuff falling - might be one of those days when it never quite gets light :D 
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 7,000
    Morning all - rather foggy here but doesn't feel too cold at the moment.

I remember exchanging texts one January with my Sis-in-law who lives in Canberra. She was mildly bragging that it was 32 degrees in the shade and she couldn't wait to get in the pool. I pointed out it was also 32 degrees here. Ours was F of course and hers was C.

@biglad - hope your OH is ok. Does sound as though she might have the plague doesn't it? Fingers crossed she's not too badly affected and doesn't share it around the rest of you.

Need to do some accounting today (so we'll test whether my techie software upgrades work!) and put together a big online stock-up shop for heavier bulky items I don't need to run out of when the SM's are heaving. Important things like tonic water, gin, wine etc 😉 Then I might do Christmas cards and think about getting the decos out of the loft.

OH has offered to do dinner again 👍 - cold pork with bubble & squeak - a proper Monday dinner🙂
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Songbird-1Songbird-1 Posts: 4,022
    edited December 2021
    Morning all.
    @biglad, when we were a lot in credit with our gas account the on-line site didn't let me take as much as I wanted back for a refund. So, I went on Live Chat and explained and the agent refunded me half of what was in credit, no problems. However, having said that, BG has just done its yearly review on our account and has automatically sent us nearly all of the credit we've built up back ,without me asking! We don't want it as we like to keep a healthy float in the account for over winter so we can put on the heating without having to worry ,so we will be giving it them back. We need to anyway as our monthly dd has increased by £60!!! Gawd.......terrible.
    @Ante, just think it's me doing the painting and think of all the things you could be doing instead!😂
    @Topbird , good luck with account, big SM shop, cards writing, and thinking about xmas decorating! a busy day😂
    Have a good day all. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,481
    Topbird said:
    ... Important things like tonic water, ...
    Thanks @topbird ... I knew there was something I'd forgotten!!! 😲
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,495
    Morning all.

I really don't like tonic water and gin is almost as bad.

I was Mary in the school Nativity Play when I was 14. It was a play within a play about some gypsies who put on a Nativity Play. I went to a Convent.

OH's phone is constantly engaged this morning, daughter? favourite niece? Or has he forgotten to ring off?
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,498
    I love that emergency rations shortlist @Topbird :D 

I'm tempted to cancel the direct debit and let them bill us for what we actually owe @Songbird-1

The anticipated positive result has come through so I can spend the rest of the day cancelling everything that I organised last week :( 
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 7,000
    Oh that's a bit of a bu$$er @Biglad. Fingers crossed your OH is ok and you don't get it. I've lost track as to when, who, how long you have to isolate at the moment.

Look on the bright side though - you can do your tax return nice and early now😁😉 Every cloud......

....means it could rain🤣

@Dovefromabove - glad to be of assistance. I mustn't forget to include cooking brandy as well🙂

Sorry about all the emojis - new OS seems to be handling them slightly differently so I need to practice🤓
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down